With the growing popularity of owning backyard hens and the inquiries the Township receives, the Township is investigating an array of options to regulate backyard hens, which includes,
- Remain Status Quo. Respond to backyard hen/other bird complaints through the Safe Yards and Noise By-law.
- Establish a Pilot Program to allow residents to own backyard hens for 2 years through a licensing program.
- Prohibit the ownership of backyard hens through a by-law.
With this background information in mind, we invite you to complete a short survey (Available July 15). It should take no more than five minutes of your time. Your input is essential in assisting with developing a By-law to regulate backyards hens in the Township. For more information about the survey or the engagement sessions please call 613-386-7351, ext. 120/121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The survey will be available from July 15 to August 30, 2019.
Paper copies of the survey are also available by contacting the Clerks Department at 613-386-7351 ext 120/121 or email@example.com.
We also encourage residents to attend any of the in-person engagement sessions scheduled as follows:
- July 31, 2019 from 6-7:30 pm at the Administration Office in Odessa, 263 Main St. Odessa
- August 7, 2019 from 6-7:30 pm at the Amherstview Fire Station, 363 Amherst Dr. Amherstview
- August 8, 2019 from 6-7:30 pm at the Bath Fire Station, 241 Church St. Bath
For more information about the survey or the engagement sessions please call 613-386-7351, ext. 120/121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.