Hello Loyalist Residents,
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING. STORAGE AND PARKING OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLES…
Hello Loyalist Residents,
Loyalist Township is currently reviewing the Township’s Zoning By-law restrictions related to the storage and parking of recreational vehicles, including motor homes and boats.
WHEN…MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2017
WHAT TIME…7:00 PM
WHERE..ERNESTOWN SECONDARY SCHOOL 50 MAIN STREET, ODESSA
If you would like to give your input now is the time.
For more information Click HERE
On Monday, January 23rd, 3 members of the LCCRA executive and several Loyalist residents attended the public meeting at the Council Chambers to hear a presentation on the potential changes to the by-law affecting parking and storage of special vehicles (i.e. motor homes, boats, camper trailers and snowmobiles) on residential driveways. You can see the Township’s report, the existing by-law and summary of the options being considered by clicking the links below.
The meeting was packed – there was standing room only. Several residents stood up to present their views. About half the speakers spoke in favour of amending the by-law to allow their trailers, RVs etc to be parked on their driveway. Most of these speakers implied that they would like to see the by-law removed so that they could park all year round. The remaining speakers spoke in favour of leaving the by-law untouched or allowing temporary parking (4 days a month). One resident recommended that the township modify the by-law street by street according to a majority (60%) of the street’s residents (the consensus option).
After some debate, Council passed a motion proposed by Ed Daniliunas (our local councilor) which requires the township staff to modify the options and bring forward to Council for final resolution. The motion contained 3 options:
- Leave the by-law as is; i.e. no parking on residential driveways allowed for special vehicles.
- Add the consensus option. Township staff would have to work out how to implement this.
- Include option 3; i.e. allow temporary parking of special vehicles for 4 days each month.
We would urge you to e-mail your opinion to the Township, Andrea Furniss (AFurniss@loyalist.ca) with a copy to Ed Daniliunas (email@example.com) as soon as possible so that Council can consider these before making its final decision.
January 6th, we sent out a message about a township meeting regarding the storage of motor homes and boats on private property. Since then we have received a report from the Township (Andrea Furniss) identifying the options that the Township is considering.
We would encourage you to read the report (Click the links below). It will provide more details of the options, the source of the request for the change in the by-law as well as the relevant section of the existing by-law.
In summary, the five options are:
- Do nothing. Leave the by-law as it stands today; i.e. motor homes, boats, travel trailers, travel campers and snowmobiles must be stored in a garage or other building and not on your driveway.
- Allow temporary parking of the above vehicles on your driveway for up to 72 hours a month.
- Allow temporary parking of the above vehicles on your driveway for up to 4 days a month
- Allow seasonal parking of the above vehicles on your driveway from April 1st to October 31st
- Allow permanent parking of the above on your driveway all year.
The Township is holding a public meeting to consider these five options with a view to amending the current by-law covering the residential storage of trailers. These options will be discussed at the meeting.
Zoning Options for the Storage of Special Vehicles (Proposed options 8 Pages)
Loyalist Township Zoning By Law Storage of Special Vehicles – 8361-04 (2 Page Summary from General Provisions)