Victorian Order of Nurses Napanee. (VON)
As many of you are aware, the provincial funding transfer from the Seniors Outreach Services (SOS) to the VON (Victorian Order of Nurses) has been implemented in September. The following programs are available to seniors in Lennox and Addington. The contact info for any programming in Napanee is 613-354-6668 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you call the centre, ask for Cindy (Ext 101) if you have any specific questions regarding the new VON programs through the centre.
- Meals on Wheels: $6.50 per meal, made on site at the SOS location.
- Volunteer Transportation: .42 per km. Bath to Napanee return: $18.00 and Bath to Kingston return: $24.50. billed to client once per month.
- Congregate Dining: Thursday of the month. Currently dining programs in Napanee, Odessa, and Moscow. Could have a possible congregate dining program in Bath is there is an interest. Meals are $12. With exception of special meals such as Christmas dinner ($15.00). Also includes entertainment and/or educational sessions. Need a minimum of 30 participants to start a group in Bath. Also need a location.
- In Home Respite. Must qualify for program. Program is for the caregiver. $7.50 per hour. Full morning or afternoon slot (minimum of 3 hours)
- Adult Day Program: $20.00 per day. They provide activities, lunch, am and pm snacks. Available at Napanee and Odessa location.
- Overnight stay: $90.00 weekend. Arrive Friday at 4 pm to Sunday at 4 pm. Must qualify for program. Participant must be a 1-person transfer need, PSW and RT’s on staff to administer meds, personal care, activities. Napanee location only.
Homemaking & Home Maintenance services: Housecleaning at $22.00 per hour. More services to come in the future.
Current VON Kingston programs available in Napanee to all Lennox & Addington residents:
Stroke: FREE, caregiver and survivor program. Activities, discussions. Participant driven in relation to activity.
Aphasia: FREE. Trained students, volunteers. A safe place to work on speech or recovering words after a stroke and/or brain injury.
Falls Prevention: FREE. Starting on Thursday, Sept 6th at the SOS location. Weekly 2 hour sessions consists of 1 hour education and 1 hour exercise. 1 – 3 pm.
If there is 12 – 15 participants interested in Bath, and there is a location to hold the program, then the VON can bring the program to the village.
Foot Care: Fully trained nurses are contracted to provide foot care. Date: Wednesdays (at the 101 William Henderson Drive, at the corner of County Road 6 and Taylor-Kidd Boulevard) Cost: $23 To book your appointment, contact Lennox and Addington Seniors Outreach Services, 613-634-0130.
Alzheimer’s Minds in Motion: Coming Soon…..
Partnership between VON and Alzheimer Society. Program will consist of educational presentations and exercise.