Summer Outdoor season 2017 commences May 15 at the Bath tennis courts on Church St until the end of Oct as weather permits.
Why Pickleball ?
– its fun, great exercise, anyone can play it, its social and low cost ($20 annual membership), drop-in and play when you want.
Just come out to the courts and see for yourself, give it a try and join in. We are a friendly group. We have loaner paddles for people who want to try it out. Just come out to the courts and see for yourself, give it a try and join in. We are a friendly group.
Winter Indoor season 2017-18 Starts first Monday in Oct at Bath Public School and run until early May 2017.
All indoor participants must first register with Loyalist Township and pay the $10 participation fee. There is currently a waiting list for this program with Loyalist Township.
For complete info please see our website: www.bathpickleball.ca
Or contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pickleball is a racket sport in which four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a polymer perforated ball over a net. The sport shares features of other racket sports, the dimensions and layout of a Badminton court, and a net and rules similar to tennis with a few modifications. One of the fastest growing sports in North America, Pickleball was invented in the mid 1960s.
- Pickleball is great for hand-eye coordination and sustained physical activity.
- It can be played when you are any age.
- It can be played indoors or outdoors.
- It is a ton of fun with a definite social component!
- The game is easy to learn and skill levels develop at your own pace.
If players do not own their own paddle and wish to try pickleball we have spare paddles that you can use to see if you like the game. Participants who want to play on a regular basis are expected to have their own paddle. They can be purchased locally for $75 and up.
Due to the nature of the new outdoor tennis/pickleball court surface, non-marking athletic shoes must be used when playing.
See you on the courts!